Subject Files, 1934-2001 (bulk 1959-1999)
Scope and Content Note
This series spans the years 1934-2001, and comprises 29 boxes of material. The files show the depth and breadth of the department and how it developed over time. The files detail the programs, policies, fellowships, committees, and day-to-day activities of the department. Files also document the Institution’s involvement in educational programs beyond the MIT/WHOI Joint Program.
A spiral-bound compilation of materials labeled “Educational policy – Correspondence reports, 1958-1964,” was removed from the Publications series and placed in this series, in box 22, folder 21. This folder comprises the following materials:
- ‘Report on the Educational Program of WHOI by Norris W. Rakestraw, August 1963’
- ‘Carroll Wilson Memos’ to Paul Fye, Bostwick Ketchum and Earl Hays, 1963-1964
- ‘University collaborations, 1959’
- ‘Selected correspondence from WHOI files on education activity’, 1962
- ‘Educational Policy Committee, 1959’
- ‘Extracts from 30th-33rd Annual Reports of the Director to Members and Trustees, WHOI, 1959-1963’
- 1934-2001 (bulk 1959-1999)
Language of Materials
The records are in
Closed/Restricted: materials may only be viewed by the Office of Origin or with permission of the Archivist; student records are permanently closed.
28 boxes (35 linear feet)